Wednesday, January 27, 2016

THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES YOU'LL EVER MAKE AT HOME!

Ok, so as a kid(and now a big kid) my favorite all time cookie is the traditional chocolate chip.  My mom made them for us all the time because she knew that we loved them.  Now that I'm grown I do love oatmeal raisin, macadamia nut and probably any other cookie out there but I still lean towards chocolate chip as my favorite.  So now for the heart breaking truth--I love homemade things, all homemade things can be better than most store bought stuff, but when it comes to cookies its something about the ones in the packs(Not the roll) cookie dough that just cooks up great every time! Why ? I don't understand this.

My mom is one of the best cooks in the world.  She makes tons of homemade recipes, her own, and then she can whip up anything Martha Stewart makes or any of those other fancy nancy people.  But cookies, oh cookies....... why must you get hard and brown on the edges?  Why does the chocolate lover brands from which ever company that it is turn out like something from the mall.......You know those places.......they have names like Cookie Jar,  Cookie World,  ect......and just the name draws you in.  I would go to the mall in Greensboro with my mom and beg for the ones filled with creme in the middle..... YES......those cookies..... Ok, so back to what I was saying, I have tried tons of different recipes and decided oh fart, why do I keep trying when the dang things are right in the store for you to buy, no mess, no fuss and BAM they are delicious!?!

So back at Christmas some of my awesome home school gal pals got together for a little brunch and my friend Liz brought these cookies that she said she made from scratch from a recipe from allrecipes.com.  and the heavens sang.... I said What???? These are homemade? not the little package deal?? She said nope and it makes a ton of them.  So of course I had to try them out. You can google them at allrecipes.com under Award Winning Chocolate Chip cookies or you can use mine I'm gonna post here.. I only added a little here and there and didn't change it a lot, but did make a few changes.  So here goes:

Chocolate Chip Cookies
4 1/2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons of Baking Soda
4 sticks of butter softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3/4 ounces vanilla instant pudding boxes)
4 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla flavoring
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
I cook min around 12 mins but each oven is different.
So oh by the way, I'm gonna try and start a page called Smack Yo Mama, cause that is Always what my family says when the food taste really ( I mean really) good, Or possibly Great!  That way you can click straight to that page to get the recipe.  
Back to our previously scheduled program:

Preheat the Oven to 325
(the other recipe calls for 350, but cooking them slower I think helps!)
Sift 4 1/2 cups of All- Purpose Flour and 2 teaspoons of baking soda and sit aside
(When I do this I put in 2 cups, then my soda, then the remaining flour that way its all getting mixed together well)
Isn't it so soft and fluffy?!

In a large mixing bowl (I use a kitchen aid) cream together 
4 sticks of butter
1 1/2 cups of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
Let me stop right there to say that I don't use regular white sugar I use a all pure sugar see below. 

I get this at Aldi, but you can also purchase it at Walmart. 
 Ok also something that I do that was different is that the original recipe called for softened butter, so if you know first thing in the am that you are gonna make these jewels take them out and let them get soft on the counter throughout the day, but me I'm usually last min, so I stick mine in the microwave for 1 min
Nice and warm! Ok so I add this and the 2 sugars to the mixer and let them all be friends. 

This is where it gets Crazy! Ok, this recipe calls for 2 boxes of vanilla instant pudding mix! Yes you just dump those right in.

Oh,You won't believe how good this taste, feel free to take some out and add a few chips and eat it raw, there are no eggs in it at this point!!! 

Ok next you have 4 eggs to add.  I also added the 2 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla flavoring at this point. 
 See the hint below, but slowly add the flour mixture. 

***Hint, I don't add all my eggs in at once like the recipe calls for because it makes it really hard to get all the ingredients mixed up and your dough is just not as pretty.  Mama always told me to add a egg, then a little flour, then a egg, back and fourth until its all mixed up.  Believe me this mixer is gonna get really really full. Don't panic if it looks really dry, mine did too, but it all works out!


Last but not least the 4 cups of chocolate chips.  
You can do them all 4 the same kind, but this last time I made them I used 3 cups regular size and 1 cup mini chips. You could also add nuts if you like, but I haven't tried them that way.  


I use a olive oil spray to spray my cookie sheets, then spoon them out about the size of a golf ball. 
This recipe makes over 70 cookies!! Which I love cause I have 4 growing kiddos!






Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of them finished because my nieces came over to a spend the night so between family and cousins they were all eaten up in 2 days and I forgot to take a picture... Hope you enjoy! XOXO










No comments: